This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyDayWithEnergy #CollectiveBias
It’s true what they say. Living an active lifestyle is more than just clean eating and exercising. It entails a healthy body and mind. If you need to start living a more active lifestyle, use my 10 simple steps below and start changing your habits today!
If you find yourself overwhelmed with daily tasks and have a to-do list out of this world, trust me, making sure you are active and taking care of your body may be the last thing on your mind. Let me ask you…How do you manage those days that seem to be never ending?
As a mom, military wife, personal trainer and blogger, my days are never slow or ordinary. I often find it difficult to carve out the time I need to workout myself. Or as I like to call it, my “mommy de-stress time.”
I used to say a successful day was one that allowed me enough time to walk the dog and shower before passing out in bed. But now with the help of Emergen-C® Energy+, in the midst of my lovely chaos, I am able to hustle through my daily tasks. (Even though, I may not always pick up the blocks left around the house….)
The new Emergen-C® Energy+ is a powder-packed formula with natural caffeine from green tea to focus your mind*; calcium, magnesium, potassium and other key nutrients to help replenish your body*; plus 7 B vitamins to fortify you and vitamin C for immune support.*
Emergen-C® Energy+, available in bold-flavored Blueberry-Açai, powder-packed Lemon-Lime, and fruit-y Mango-Peach, is flavored with natural, real fruit flavors. It’s also gluten free. Pick it up at your local Walgreens!
If you’re struggling with stress or a lack of motivation, my 10 Steps To Living An Active Lifestyle are simple tips that can help you cultivate a happy and healthy life. Believe me, it can be easy to incorporate healthy habits into your daily routine, that aren’t overwhelming.
Remember to start small when you begin to transition to any type of active lifestyle. Too much too soon can have the opposite effect and create an overwhelmed, tired, and possibly injured body.
10 Steps To Living An Active Lifestyle
- Start your day with a nutritious breakfast & keep track of your eating habits: Keeping track of what you consume is a great way to learn about and improve your eating habits. Whether you use an app or good, old-fashioned pencil & paper, research has shown there is a great relationship between self-monitored reporting and weight loss. This is a great way to kick start your days and begin an active lifestyle.
- Use technology: There are so many options on the market today for fitness gadgets. Stream workout/yoga videos, dance to music with your kids, and track your steps. All are perfect ways to get your body moving!
- Be aware of how much you sleep: There is a fine line between too much and not enough sleep. If you are sleeping over a recommended time for your age, try waking up 20 minutes earlier to fit in a workout.
- Take a nightly walk with family: I make walking at night a daily event with my family. It is a wonderful way to relieve stress from the day, as well as spend quality time with your loved ones.
- Surround yourself with other active people: If you surround yourself with other people that are active, you are more likely to make healthier choices in your life, as well. Whether that is the type of restaurant you choose when you eat out or opting to go on a hike instead of going to the movies.
- Take time for yourself: Read motivational books, meditate, or take a quiet walk/bike ride…all of these are great ways for you to value your mental and physical health.
- Take the stairs as often as possible: This is an oldie, but a goodie! Taking the stairs whenever possible is a sure bet to burn more calories throughout your day. Being active is more than just working out for 1 hour a day. It is a lifestyle that surrounds you wherever you go.
- Plan a weekly or monthly activity for you & your family to participate in: Instead of having a movie night, try introducing your family to a more active lifestyle, as well. Sign up for a fun run, rent a kayak for the day, or go for a family bike ride at a new park.
- Park further away: Don’t be one of those people that sit for 15 minutes in their car waiting for the closest parking spot. Use this opportunity to get a few extra steps in.
- Commit!: Keeping a healthy and active lifestyle that survives longer than the first few months of the year takes commitment. Take it day by day, set goals for yourself, and enjoy the process. You will quickly realize the benefits of better health, more energy, and more happiness!
Living an active lifestyle is more than how you look. It’s how you feel! These 10 Steps To Living An Active Lifestyle can transform you. Add Emergen-C® Energy+ to support your new lifestyle and you will be unstoppable!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.