With crisp lettuce, a flavorful filling and a spicy topping, your life will never be the same with these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps.
Spring is starting to show its face, which means I have officially started craving lighter meals. No more “winter” meals for this girl. Salads, fruits, and lettuce wraps are all I want.
Thank goodness these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps are simple to make and much cheaper than the ones you get at a restaurant. Plus, I don’t feel guilty making them a couple times a week. I think it might seem strange if I went to a restaurant and ordered the same thing a few times as week. This way, no one will know!
If you are looking for an easy version of your favorite Asian lettuce wraps, you have found the one! In less than 30 minutes you will have a delicious meal that is perfect for dinner or to take to lunch this week. (I would recommend not forming the wraps themselves until you get to work. That way the lettuce stays nice and crisp.)
Start by sauteing 1 lb of ground turkey in a large skillet. Add 1/2 chopped yellow onion, 2 Tbsp of minced garlic, 1 Tbsp of soy sauce, 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce, 2 tsp of dry ginger, 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar and 2 tsp of Asian chili pepper sauce. Continue to simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until the meat is crumbled and brown.
Open and drain 1 (8 oz.) can of water chestnuts. Add the chestnuts to the skillet, along with 1/2 cup of chopped pine nuts. Cook for another 2-4 minutes, then stir in 2 tsp of sesame oil.
When you are finished cooking, carefully remove the skillet from heat and let the mixture cool down. Serve it in your preferred lettuce leaves (I used bib lettuce), topped with chopped scallions and additional chili sauce if desired.
Perfect for lunch or dinner, these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps makes for a healthy dish that’s full of flavor.
- 1 head of your preferred lettuce leaves (I used Bib lettuce)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion- chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts- chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp ginger (dry)
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Asian chili pepper (paste or sauce)
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Optional: chopped green onions
- Saute ground turkey in a large skillet.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, soy, hoisin, ginger, vinegar and chili pepper sauce. Continue to simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until the meat is crumbled and brown.
- Open and drain the water chestnuts.
- Add chestnuts, chopped pine nuts. Continue to cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in sesame oil.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Serve in preferred lettuce leaves, topped with chopped scallions and additional chili sauce if desired.