What do you do when one person wants Asian food and the other wants Mexican? Make these Avocado Spinach Spring Rolls. It’s the best of both worlds!
To be honest, compromising on dinner is normally not an issue with my husband and I. We typically enjoy eating the same things and agree on what to cook throughout the week. That is unless he is craving a steak…then he is on his own for dinner.
The cooking issue that normally pops up in our house is within my head. I can’t even begin to discuss how often I have troubles deciding what to eat. I’m pretty sure it runs in the family. Growing up, I remember no one being able to decide where we wanted to go out to eat. It was always such a debate. Too this day I still don’t know why it would take forever for us to choose…we would always end up going to the same restaurant down the road anyways.
But, if you and your family are ever in a conundrum between Mexican and Asian food then this is the recipe for you. These Avocado Spinach Spring Rolls are spicy and creamy with a deliciously crunchy shell. They are perfect for dipping into your favorite salsa, or simply enjoying as is.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mash 2 avocados until you have a fairly smooth texture. Add 1 cup of fresh baby spinach (chopped), 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp lime juice and 1/4 cup jalapenos (chopped). I used pickled jalapenos but feel free to use fresh if you want. Make sure all ingredients are mixed well.
Place a spoon full of the avocado mixture in the center of your won-ton wrapper and roll carefully. When you have it rolled up, wet the edge of your wrapper with water so that it sticks together, creating a seal. Continue to fill the remaining won-tons with your mixture. I was able to make 8 spring rolls. The number of rolls will depend on how full you want to stuff each of your won-ton wrappers. Set the spring rolls onto a prepared baking sheet, drizzle a little olive oil over each roll and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Don’t let another conflict of “who wants to eat what” derail your dinner plans. Make everyone happy with a flavor combo that is out of this world!
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup jalapenos
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 wonton wrappers
- Salsa- if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mash 2 avocados until you have a fairly smooth texture.
- Add 1 cup of fresh baby spinach (chopped), 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp lime juice and 1/4 cup jalapenos (chopped).
- Make sure all ingredients are mixed well.
- Place a spoon full of the avocado mixture in the center of your wonton wrapper and roll carefully.
- Wet the edge of your wrapper with water so that it sticks together, creating a seal.
- Continue to fill the remaining wontons with your mixture.
- Set the spring rolls onto a prepared baking sheet, drizzle olive oil over each of the rolls and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve with salsa if desired.