Question, what do you do when all you want is a burger and fries but you are watching your weight? Answer, make my delicious Black Bean Burger Bowl! It is simple, savory and just what the doctor ordered.
We all have cravings for greasy, fast food every once and a while. We are only human. You can’t eat perfectly all the time. But, one way to enjoy those cravings and still be health conscious is to modify the meal you are craving. My Black Bean Burger Bowl still allows you to enjoy a burger and fries, just in a healthier way. I opt for a black bean burger instead of a traditional meat burger, and baked potatoes instead of greasy, fried french fries. That way I have no guilt after enjoying this meal. It is perfectly healthy, satisfying and easy to put together. You won’t even miss the bun, cheese or fries…trust me!
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Cut approximately 2 cups of red potatoes into small bite size pieces and place them on a prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 4 Tbsp of olive oil and 2-3 Tbsp of Season All Seasoning. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, stirring half way through so the potatoes don’t stick to the baking sheet.
While the potatoes are cooking we will prepare the salad ingredients. I used a spring salad mix for this recipe, but feel free to use what ever you like. Chop approximately 1 cup of fresh broccoli and 1/2 cup of red onion. For the burger, you can use my Black Bean Burger recipe or purchase your favorite black bean patties from the store.
To assemble the bowl, each person will place their preferred amount of lettuce in a bowl, followed by the chopped vegetables, baked potatoes and a black bean burger patty. Top with a drizzle of your favorite bbq sauce and you are set. Like I said, this is a super simple recipe to put together.
Who ever said burgers can’t be healthy? Don’t restrict yourself from ever eating a burger again. This Black Bean Burger Bowl will become your new favorite way to enjoy one.
- 2-3 black bean burgers
- 4 cups of spring salad mix
- 2 cups red potatoes- chopped
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Season All
- 1 cup broccoli- chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion- chopped
- Favorite BBQ sauce
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut approximately 2 cups of red potatoes into small bite size pieces and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 4 Tbsp of olive oil and 2-3 Tbsp of Season All. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, stirring half way through so the potatoes don't stick to the baking sheet.
- Chop approximately 1 cup of fresh broccoli and 1/2 cup of red onion.
- Heat up your black bean burgers. (Feel free to use either my recipe for Black Bean Burgers or your favorite black bean burger patties).
- To assemble the bowl, place your preferred amount of lettuce in a bowl, followed by the chopped vegetables, baked potatoes and black bean burger patty.
- Top with a drizzle of your favorite bbq sauce and you are set.