Do you love avocados? Do you love breakfast? If you love both of these, like I do, then my Breakfast Stuffed Avocado recipe has the possibility to make you a very happy person!
This is a quick and easy recipe that will switch up your same old breakfast routine. It’s everything you love about breakfast, but stuffed in an avocado. Your family will love to wake up to these!
I often find myself stuck in a routine when it comes to breakfast. It’s normally gluten free toast with natural peanut butter, a piece of fruit, and don’t forget the coffee (as strong as possible, please). Even though I love breakfast foods, I never end up making it for breakfast. I normally make it for dinner…not sure why. Actually, it’s most likely because I am not in the mood to cook anything in the morning. I’m lucky if I can get my cup of coffee going before I get distracted with other things on my to-do list for the day.
But, these Breakfast Stuffed Avocados are definitely something I will wake up and make. They are simple and super yummy. They are perfect for those on the Paleo diet, a gluten free diet, or anyone wanting to try something new.
Eggs, sausage, and fresh tomatoes all piled high into a ripe avocado. It’s such a simple recipe, but will absolutely wow you with flavors.
In a large skillet, begin to brown 8-10 oz. of breakfast sausage. I used Lightlife Gimme Lean “Ground Sausage Style Veggie Protein.”
In a separate bowl whisk together 5 large eggs, 1 Tbsp cumin, 2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder and a dash of salt/pepper. Once sausage is mostly cooked though, add the eggs to the skillet and scramble all the ingredients together.
While the sausage and eggs are continuing to cook, slice 4 avocados in half and remove the seeds from each. You will be left with the perfect little bowl for your filling. Once your eggs have scrambled and all the ingredients are well integrated, spoon a small mound of the sausage/egg mixture into each avocado. Top with chopped tomato and enjoy!
- 3-4 avocados
- 5 large eggs
- 8-10 oz. breakfast sausage ( I used Lightlife Gimme Lean "Ground Sausage Style Veggie Protein")
- 1 tomato- chopped
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dash salt/pepper
- In a large skillet, begin to brown the sausage.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and dried seasonings.
- Once sausage is mostly cooked though, add the eggs and scramble all the ingredients together.
- While the sausage and eggs are continuing to cook, slice avocados in half and remove the seed.
- Once your eggs have scrambled and all the ingredients are well integrated, spoon a small mound of the sausage/egg mixture into each avocado.
- Top with chopped tomato and enjoy!