If you are in a time crunch and need a gluten free, dairy free, chewy, chocolaty treat, try my Chewy Double Chocolate Mounds. Only 8-10 minutes of baking and you have an amazing dessert for your next get together (or party for one at home).
These cookies are incredibly delicious, oozing with chocolate, you’d never believe they are naturally sweetened and made without any butter or refined sugar! If you want a game changer, this is it. Don’t go totally off the deep end the next time you are craving chocolate. You can give into your desires, enjoy a little sweetness, and still watch your weight. (Just try not to eat all of them at once).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of gluten free flour, 1/2 tsp of baking soda, 1/2 tsp of sea salt and 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder. Next, stir in 5 oz of melted coconut oil, 6 Tbsp of honey, 2 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tsp almond extract, 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1/2 cup of almond milk. If you want to make this recipe vegan, swap out the honey for agave nectar. Make sure the ingredients are mixed well. You should have a fairly smooth consistency. Next, add 1/2 cup of oats and 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips to your mixture. Spoon small mounds of the dough onto a prepared baking sheet (approximately 12-15 mounds) and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Keep your friends and family sweetly satisfied with these Chewy Double Chocolate Mounds. They are baked little pieces of heaven. No one will be able to tell they are sugar, gluten, and dairy free!
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 oz of melted coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine gluten free flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Stir in melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, almond extract, applesauce and almond milk.
- Make sure ingredients are mixed well. You should have a smooth consistency.
- Add oats and dark chocolate chips to your mixture.
- Spoon small mounds of the dough onto a prepared baking sheet (approximately 12-15 mounds).
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.