Are you looking for something to replace your boring old rice dish at dinner? Look no further! This Coconut Rice with Pineapple & Pecans is a new fresh recipe to share with family and friends. It’s a perfectly sweet & savory dish that is great as a weeknight side dish or lunchtime meal.
This rice is seriously addictive! I recently made it for dinner and luckily had plenty of leftovers to take to lunch during the week. If not, I would of been a little upset. The coconut milk makes it just slightly creamy, and the pineapple gives you just enough pop of freshness. An addition that my husband and I like to make is a little drizzle of sriracha sauce on top. It may sound weird, but it tastes amazing!
I start by bringing 1 (13.5 oz) can of coconut milk (unsweetened), 2 and 1/4 cups of water, and 2 cups of calrose rice to a boil. Once the liquid is boiling for about 1 minute, I turn the heat to low and cover with lid. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the rice has a soft texture. During this time, I make sure to stir the rice often, so it does not stick to the bottom of pot. After your rice has soaked up all the liquid and has a soft texture, remove pot from heat, and add in 2 cups of chopped pineapple, 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, 1 tsp of salt and a dash of pepper. I leave the garnishing options up to each individual. I like to top my rice with chopped scallions and a drizzle of sriracha sauce, for a little heat.
I’m always up for new interesting ways to modify rice from a boring side dish to an incredible entree. Cooking is all about being creative! What are some ways you like to be creative with rice? Let me know by commenting below! 🙂
- 1 (13.5 oz) can of Coconut Milk- Unsweetened
- 2 1/4 cups Water
- 2 cups Calrose Rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Pineapple- Chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecans- Chopped
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Garnish with Chopped Scallions
- Optional add on- Sriracha Sauce
- In a large pot, bring coconut milk, water and rice to a boil.
- Once the liquid is boiling for about 1 minute, turn to low and cover with lid. (Stir the rice often, so it does not stick to the bottom of pot.)
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the rice has a soft texture.
- Remove pot from heat, and add in chopped pineapple, pecans, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with Chopped Scallions and enjoy! (You can add sriracha sauce as well, if you want a little heat).