Happy World Vegetarian Day! There is no better way to celebrate than with my Easy Peanut Noodles with Tofu. This recipe is just too easy and delicious not to pass onto my Healthy Home Cook followers. If you like Asian food, this dish is just for you! The noodles are smothered in the most delectable peanut sauce and perfect for busy weeknights. Say no to greasy takeout food and try this healthy version of your favorite vegetarian dish.
This recipe is made with simple store bought ingredients. There is nothing crazy or out of the ordinary that you need to go searching for. I hate trying a new recipe that has too many ingredients, or one strange component that I have to spend an hour looking for in the grocery store. I know there have been times when I look like a lost child wandering up and down the same aisle over and over again, while looking for one stupid ingredient. Even when a store clerk comes up to ask if I need help I’m too stubborn to ask where the ingredient is. I just say “oh no, I’m fine…just looking around.” Heaven forbid I actually admit I need help! I know I’m not the only one with this struggle…am I right?
This Asian noodle dish is easy, tasty and able to satisfy your craving for takeout in 45 minutes or less! Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Open and drain the water from the tofu package and pat dry with papertowel. If you have extra time, let your tofu sit for an hour or so to let it dry out as much as possible. Chop your tofu into bite size pieces and place on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 30 minutes (or until the tofu begins to brown). While the tofu is cooking, boil 10-16 oz. of rice noodles according to package instructions (it will depend on the type of noodles you prefer to use). In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar, 2 Tbsp minced ginger and 2 Tbsp soy sauce and mix well. Once the tofu and pasta are finished cooking, place both ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Pour the peanut sauce over the pasta and stir well. Make sure all the noodles are well coated with the sauce. Lastly, top your dish with fresh chopped green onions and peanuts. Add a drizzle of sriracha sauce, if you want some extra heat.
Everyone loves a healthy Asian noodle recipe. Try this Easy Peanut Noodles with Tofu and make it your family’s new favorite dish! It tastes just like a restaurant, but so easy and a hundred times healthier!
- 1 14oz. extra firm tofu
- 10-16 oz. rice noodles (can substitute soba noodles or another gluten free pasta)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (+1 Tbsp if you want a thicker sauce)
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Optional Topping: sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain water from tofu package and pat dry with papertowel.
- Chop tofu into bite size pieces, place on baking sheet, and bake for approximately 30 minutes (or until tofu begins to brown).
- While tofu is cooking, boil rice noodles according to package instructions (depends on the type of noodles you prefer to use).
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, seasoned rice vinegar, ginger, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Once tofu and pasta are finished cooking, place both ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Pour the peanut sauce over the pasta and stir well. Make sure all the noodles are coated with the sauce.
- Top your dish with the chopped green onions and peanuts. Add a drizzle of sriracha sauce, if desired.