Cookies for breakfast? Ummm, YES PLEASE! It’s like a little kids dream come true…or an adult’s dream come true, now that I think of it. These cookies, made with wholesome ingredients, will start your day with a tasty boost of energy. No flour, oil, butter, eggs, or refined-sugar. They will please even the pickiest of eaters.
They are moist and chewy, filled with bananas, oats, and a hint of peanut butter. A perfectly healthy and portable breakfast option for a family that is always on-the-go in the morning.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or my Almond Butter recipe)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas with a fork or potato masher until they have a smooth consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well so they are all incorporated throughout.
- Spoon small mounds of mixture on to a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes.