Delicious and healthy, my Greek Quesadillas come together quickly and only have six ingredients! It’s a tasty twist on the traditional quesadilla that everyone will love.
We all have those days when we don’t want to make dinner. Those days when slaving in the kitchen seems like a nightmare and all you want to do is curl up on the couch with a nice glass of wine. Well, you guessed it, I recently had one of those days. It was a day where nothing went right and seemed to go on foreevverrr. By the time I got my son to sleep and started to contemplate my own dinner, I was beyond tired. I knew, however, I would feel better as soon as I ate something and was able to have some quiet time.
That was the night I came up with this recipe for Greek Quesadillas. Mainly due to the fact that all the ingredients happened to be in my fridge after the day from hell. This recipe takes little prep and can be ready in just minutes. If you love Greek food, then this is the perfect dinner answer you didn’t even know you needed. Hummus, check! Artichoke hearts, check! Feta, check! There is nothing better than these quintessential Greek ingredients layered inside a tortilla and cooked to perfection.
Finely chop 6 oz of artichoke hearts, 1 cup of baby spinach, and 1/2 of a green bell pepper. In a large skillet, saute the chopped vegetables in 1 Tbsp of olive oil until slightly tender. Once your veggies are finished, you can start to build the quesadillas. Lay out your preferred type of tortilla (I use gluten free, but my hubby uses whole wheat), spread a small amount of hummus on one side. Feel free to use your favorite kind. A store bought version is fine or you can try my Easy Hummus Recipe. Next, add a small amount of the sauteed vegetables and top with feta cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and place on a large skillet or griddle. Cook for approximately 2-4 minutes on each side, or until your tortilla starts to brown. Remove from griddle and let cool. You should be able to make about 4-6 quesadillas, depending on how large your tortillas are.
I often make a Greek yogurt dip to serve along side of the quesadillas. It is cool, fresh, and the perfect addition to this meal. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, 1 Tbsp of lemon juice and a dash of salt/pepper. Stir well and enjoy!
- tortillas (your favorite kind)
- 1 6oz jar of artichoke hearts
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup hummus (homemade or store bought)
- feta (if desired)
- For Dip:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- dash of salt/pepper
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts, spinach, and bell pepper.
- In a large skillet, saute chopped vegetables in 1 Tbsp of olive oil until slightly tender.
- To build the quesadilla: Lay out a tortilla, spread small amount of hummus on one side, add desired amount of sauteed vegetables and top with feta cheese.
- Fold tortilla in half and place on a large skillet or griddle.
- Cook for approximately 2-4 minutes on each side, or until your tortilla starts to brown.
- Remove from griddle and let cool. You should be able to make about 4-6 quesadillas, depending on how large your tortillas are.
- To make the yogurt dip:
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of greek yogurt, 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, 1 Tbsp of lemon juice and a dash of salt/pepper.
- Stir well and serve along side your quesadillas.