This slow cooker No Meat Chili is delicious and super quick to prepare. Even the meat eaters in your family will love this recipe!
I love my slow cooker! I don’t know how people survive without one. There are so many different recipes you can make with a slow cooker. It’s the best thing for a busy family on the go. Actually, its great for a single person too. I used mine all the time when I lived on my own in NYC.
Recently, my husband had a craving for chili. Now, just so you know…my husband loves meat. Any kind of meat. So, when he told me he wanted chili I decided to give him a new spin on his favorite classic dish. I opted for no meat at all, adding in more veggies and different types of beans. I know alot of people out there don’t believe that chili can possibly taste as good without the ground meat, but this dish turned out to be one of my husbands most requested meals. It is a healthy and hearty version with just the right amount of spices.
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 15 oz can while corn kernel (no salt added)
- 15 oz can chicpeas
- 15 oz can dark kidney beans
- 15 oz can black beans
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- red chili flakes (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 avocado (optional add on)
- Open and drain all cans, except for the diced tomatoes.
- Pour the canned ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Chop red onion & bell pepper and add to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining spices & vegetable stock. Stir well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Turn slow cooker on low for approximately 4-5 hrs.
- Top with diced avocado (optional add on).