There are not enough hours in the day! I have come to this conclusion after trying to clean the house, take care of our son Neal, our dog Bailey, all while finding the time to work out and WORK for that matter. Life is full of craziness, and sometimes all you want is an easy warm dinner to enjoy at night, am I right? One-pot dinners are a favorite of mine when I have an insane day. We’ve all had at least one of those days where all of a sudden you look at the clock and it feels like you have blown through the entire day. All before putting on makeup or even getting out of your pajamas! When you find yourself having one of those days, nothing is better than throwing a bunch of ingredients into one pot and coming back to a fully cooked meal. My One-Pot Lemon Shrimp Quinoa is an easy set and go dish that will help soothe your mind and body after one of your hectic days.
In a large pot or deep skillet, begin to saute 2 Tbsp of olive oil, 1.5 tsp of garlic and one small red onion (chopped). After the onion has cooked down, add in 12 oz. of shrimp, 1 zucchini (chopped), 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (drained), 2 tsp of dried oregano, 2 tsp of dried parsley, and the juice of 2 lemons. Saute the ingredients for about 2-3 minutes. Next, add 1 cup of red quinoa and 1.5 cups of water to the pot (there will be extra liquid from the vegetables in the pan, so you don’t need to add as much liquid as you normally would to cook quinoa). Cover and let simmer for approximately 30-40 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed liquid. When you are ready to plate your dish, garnish with the juice of the remaining lemon, as well as your desired amount of Parmesan cheese and salt/pepper.
Instead of wasting hours on dinner prep, try this amazing one pot meal that will free up your night and keep dirty dishes to a minimum!
- 12 oz shrimp
- 1 cup red quinoa (uncooked)
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 3 lemons
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese (optional addition)
- In a large pot or deep skillet, begin to saute olive oil, garlic and chopped onion.
- Once the onion has cooked down, add in shrimp, chopped zucchini, diced tomatoes, dried seasonings, and the juice of 2 lemons.
- Saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add red quinoa and water to the pot, cover and let simmer for approximately 30-40 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed liquid.
- When you are ready to plate your dish, garnish with the juice of the remaining lemon, as well as your desired amount of parmesan cheese and salt/pepper.