Trust me, I know how hard it can be when you are standing in the check out line at a grocery store and all of those evil chocolate bars are staring at you. Each one seems to be calling your name and trying to sabotage all of the hard work you have put into the gym. It takes a determined person to be able to walk away. But, for those times when you want to have a little taste of chocolaty goodness, try to avoid the refined sugar & preservative filled candy bars. Stick to these healthy, Paleo Chocolate Drops that will satisfy any craving that hits.
When I want a sweet treat these chocolate drops are a simple no-bake option that I love. 3 simple ingredients and you’ve created an amazing chocolate lovers dream! In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened), 1/2 cup coconut oil (room temperature), and 1/3 cup honey (or agave nectar). Once the ingredients are well mixed, spoon small mounds of the chocolate onto a plate or baking sheet and place in your freezer or refrigerator to set (should take about 20-30 minutes). If you want to add any other toppings to your chocolate drops, such as shredded coconut, chopped nuts, sea salt, or anything else your heart desires, do so before you place them in the freezer. After your chocolate has firmed up, store them in an air tight container in your freezer or refrigerator.
Oh my word, these are amazing! Don’t miss out on a fun homemade treat that is perfect for both kids and adults.
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup Honey
- Optional Additions: Shredded Coconut, Chopped Nuts, Sea salt, anything your heart desires!
- In a food processor, combine all three ingredients until you have a smooth texture.
- Spoon small mounds of the chocolate onto a plate or baking sheet and place in your freezer or refrigerator to set (should take about 20-30 minutes). If you want to add any other toppings to your chocolate, do so before you place them in the freezer.
- Store in an air tight container in your freezer or refrigerator.