Swap out your usual crackers for these Rosemary Pie Crust Crackers. They are perfect to dip with, top your soup with, or crumble over your salad. It’s a delicious combination of flaky and savory.
My obsession with crackers is back. But not just any crackers! These Rosemary Pie Crust Crackers have created a new level of obsession within my house.
I originally planned on making a chicken pot pie with these crackers. Instead of having a full pie crust on the bottom and top, I was going to add just a few crackers on top. That way it would lower the amount of unnecessary calories. But, you would still be able to enjoy the taste of a flaky crust.
Needless to say, they didn’t survive long enough for me to top them on the pot pie. We ended up snacking on them with my homemade hummus and a glass or two of wine…(don’t worry, this was before I got pregnant).
However you choose to enjoy these crackers the recipe really can’t get much easier. I used a store bought pie crust mix and added a few extra ingredients. (I used a gluten free mix, but you are welcome to use any kind you prefer).
Prepare the pie dough per the box instructions. After you have created and refrigerated the dough, remove it from your refrigerator and slice it into squares. You can also use a cookie cutter if you want to make them into cute shapes for a specific holiday or party.
Next, place the cut dough onto a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) and prick with a fork. Top the crackers with 2 Tbsp of dried rosemary and a dash of sea salt and cracked black pepper. Bake them at 375 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes or until they start to brown.
Your mouth will be watering as soon as you smell the strong fragrance of rosemary baking in the oven. Next time I make a batch of these delicious Rosemary Pie Crust Crackers they are going right onto the chicken pot pie!…..(hopefully).
If you’re in a cracker loving mood, check out my Homemade Gluten Free Ranch Crackers as well!
- 1 store bought pie crust mix (gluten free or not)
- 2 Tbsp dried Rosemary
- dash of sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Prepare the pie dough per the box instructions.
- After you have created and refrigerated the dough, remove it from your refrigerator and slice it into squares.
- Place the cut dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and prick with a fork. Top the crackers with 2 Tbsp of dried rosemary and a dash of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Bake at 375 degree F for approximately 20 minutes or until they start to brown.