For those of us who have given into the temptation and purchased the salt-dredged, caloric-filled jerky at a gas station during a long road trip, this ones for you!
We’ve all been there… 12+ hours on the road, a screaming child (or dog in my case) in the back seat, and the destination no where in sight. Don’t get me wrong I love spending time with my husband, but I HATE being cooped up in a car, with hardly any nutritional food choices on the way. This basic, not too tough, jerky recipe is a wonderful snack that will cut your saturated fat intake drastically. Plus, enjoying it on the road just may help the time go by a little faster!
- 1 14oz container of tofu (firm or extra firm)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Drain tofu and pat dry.
- Cut into thin slices and pat dry again.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over both sides of tofu. Let sit for 10 min.
- Arrange slices on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper or silicone mat).
- Bake at 200 degrees for 3 hours, or until slices become dry. Flip tofu slices about half way through baking process.
- Remove from oven. Let the tofu sit and cool. As it cools, the tofu will become more "jerky like."