This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Glutino.
All opinions are 100% mine.
How do I create a “bagel and cream cheese” dip without a bagel and cream cheese, you ask? Well, I create a healthy base of hummus (chick peas, olive oil and garlic) and add in all the ingredients you love about a lox bagel.
The salty capers, smoked salmon, and fresh onions create an appetizer that is out of this world. Each bite brings me back to my days of hustling to work, running up and down the subway stairs, all while cramming my breakfast as I go….ahh, good times. Don’t worry, this dip is much more enjoyable.
If you have a summer brunch coming up…trust me, you need to add this Lox Hummus Dip to the menu. It is much lighter and will wow all of your guests.
To create the hummus base, blend together 2 15 oz. cans of chick peas in a food processor (1 can drained, 1 can with liquid). Then add 1 Tbsp minced garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp horseradish and 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Pulse until all of your ingredients are mixed and you have a smooth texture.
Next, pour your hummus into a large bowl. Chop 1/3 cup of fresh parsley, 1/4 cup of red onion and 2-3 oz. of smoked salmon. Place the chopped ingredients into your hummus, as well as 1 Tbsp of capers, and stir well.
When you are ready to serve, instead of using heavy, dense bagels, plate your dip with bagel chips. I like to use Glutino Bagel Chips for this recipe, specifically the Parmesan and Garlic Flavor. It is the perfect vessel to transport such an addicting, creamy, flavorful dip into your mouth.
This dip will change your life! Now can you enjoy the classic NYC breakfast without the excess calories, fat and carbs.
- 2 15 oz. cans of chick peas (1 can drained, 1 can with liquid)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 2-3 oz. package of smoked salmon
- 1 box of Glutino Gluten Free Bagel Chips
- In a food processor, blend together 2 15 oz. cans of chick peas (1 can drained, 1 can with liquid).
- Add 1 Tbsp minced garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp horseradish and 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Blend until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour mixture into a bowl.
- Chop 1/3 cup of fresh parsley, 1/4 cup of red onion and 2-3 oz. of smoked salmon.
- Stir the chopped ingredients into your hummus, as well as 1 Tbsp of capers.
- Mix well and serve with bagel chips or cracker of your choice.