This substantial frittata is golden, crispy and ready for you at breakfast, brunch or any time of day! Its an all-in-one meal that includes eggs, potatoes, bell peppers and Parmesan cheese.
For those of us that have never heard of a frittata or how its made, a frittata is an Italian-style egg dish, similar to an omelette or crustless quiche, made on the stove top or oven. I make mine using both the stove and oven. Make sure you have either a cast iron skillet or oven proof pan for this recipe.
I often turn to eggs as an answer to an easy, inexpensive meal solution. I like to make this frittata on a Sunday afternoon, so that we will have breakfast made for the entire week. Its a great way to plan for healthy eating. Planning out meals is one of the best ways to help you lose weight. So many of us get so caught up in our crazy schedules that we often turn to sugary cereals or a fast-food drive-through on our way to work. Plan for success and you will obtain success!
- 1 white potato
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Fresh Parmesan to taste
- salt/pepper to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Chop potato, peppers and onions into bite size pieces.
- Saute potato in large cast-iron (or oven proof pan) with olive oil.
- Once potato pieces become slightly soft, add bell peppers and onion to pan. Saute for another 5-8 minutes.
- Scramble the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add eggs, along with garlic & red pepper flakes to the pan. Turn heat to medium. Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until eggs start to slightly firm up.
- Move pan to oven. Bake for another 10 minutes until eggs are firm and don't move around the pan, when you shake it.
- Remove frittata and sprinkle Parmesan on top.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Top with fresh parsley and salt/pepper to taste.