Searching for a new healthy salsa recipe? Check out this refreshing version that is sure to please a crowd.
Since I am from Texas, it is safe to say that I love Mexican food. You would be hard to find someone from Texas that doesn’t. Any time I go to Dallas for a visit, a good spicy Mexican meal is always on the to-do list. One part of the “Mexican food group” that I especially love is salsa, any kind of salsa. I can’t get enough!
I love to test out new versions of salsa. But this one is my new favorite! It is a perfect alternative to the same old salsa everyone is familiar with. You can serve it with chips, or have it on the side as a relish for fish or chicken.
- 1 18oz can of whole corn kernels (no salt added)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup jalapenos
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Drain liquid from the can of corn.
- Finely chop the onion, tomato, cilantro and jalapenos.
- Placed the chopped ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add lime juice, chili powder, salt & pepper.
- Mix all ingredients well, to insure that the seasonings are well incorporated throughout.