Boring meatballs have met their match! These Mini Turkey Bites are not only made with delicious lean meat, but also have a healthy dose of vegetables. It is the perfect meal for your kids to enjoy. But, lets be honest…you may sneak one or two for yourself.
I love being able to create a meal for my son that is nutritious and delicious. These Mini Turkey Bites are no exception. They a protein packed, over flowing with zucchini, carrots and slightly sweet with the addition of applesauce. As soon as I make them, I know without a doubt my son will devour them.
If you have picky eaters, this recipe is the perfect way to sneak vegetables in at dinner time. Not only do they serve as great finger food, but you can add them to spaghetti or along side a salad for the older kids to enjoy, as well.
To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Then, using a mandolin or cheese grater, shred 2 large carrots and 1 zucchini into tiny pieces.
In a large bowl, combine 1 lb of ground turkey, 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce. Using your hands mix the ingredients well. Next, add in the shredded vegetables along with a dash of salt & pepper and 3/4 cup of gluten free breadcrumbs (or any kind you prefer).
Form small balls with the mixture and place them on a prepared baking sheet. (You can either use a non-stick spray or parchment paper). Bake your Mini Turkey Bites for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until there is no pink inside.
This easy to make toddler meal will make you AND your kids happy. It’s a home run every time!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 large carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup applesauce unsweetened
- dash of salt/pepper
- 3/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a mandolin or cheese grater, shred 2 carrots and 1 zucchini into tiny pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 lb of ground turkey, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup applesauce. Using your hands mix the ingredients well.
- Add in shredded vegetables, along with a dash of salt & pepper and 3/4 cup of gluten free breadcrumbs (or any kind you prefer).
- Form small balls with the mixture then place them on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until there is no pink inside.