Crunchy tofu, fresh vegetables and a spicy homemade peanut sauce all come together to create this perfectly composed Crispy Thai Tofu Wrap.
Why aren’t more things stuffed into wraps? If you ask me, wraps are one of the best things invented (including lettuce wraps)! You get to choose your favorite ingredients, shove them into a shell to create the perfect, little hand-held meal. Genius!
There are so many variations, too. Breakfast wraps full of eggs, lunch wraps with ham and cheese or even a sweet dessert wrap overflowing with fruit and Nutella. Maybe I’m a little too excited about them, but this new recipe for a Crispy Thai Tofu Wrap has me all sorts of happy!
Start by slicing 1 14oz package of firm or extra firm tofu into strips and pat dry. Then, begin to heat approximately 3-4 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet.
While the oil is warming up, place approximately 1/3 cup of corn meal on plate (you can always add more if needed). Cover each side of tofu with corn meal then place in your hot skillet. Cook on each side until slightly brown.
In a small bowl, combine 3 Tbsp of natural peanut butter with 1 tsp of lime juice and 1 tsp of sriracha sauce. Stir well.
To prepare wraps, choose your favorite style of wrap and spread on the homemade peanut sauce. Layer the crispy tofu along with your desired amount of the following toppings:
- shredded carrots
- mint leaves
- additional sriracha sauce
Looking for a new wrap recipe to rock your world? You’ve found it! This Crispy Thai Tofu Wrap is easy to make and has the perfect combination of fresh, crunchy, creamy and spicy ingredients. You’ll never want to make another boring wrap again!
- 1 14oz tofu- firm or extra firm
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce + additional topping
- Corn meal (as needed. I start with 1/3 cup)
- Preferred wraps
- Preferred amount of shredded carrots, sliced cucumber and fresh mint leaves.
- Slice tofu into strips and pat dry.
- Begin to heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup of corn meal on plate. Cover each side of tofu with corn meal then place in hot skillet. Cook on each side until slightly brown.
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter with lime juice and sriracha sauce. Stir well.
- To prepare wraps, spread on peanut sauce then layer crispy tofu.
- Add preferred amount of shredded carrots, cucumber, mint leaves and additional sriracha sauce, if desired.