I keep wondering what I can do to make the mornings a little easier on everyone. There are days when I am definitely not a morning person and need something simple to eat for breakfast. If you are in the same boat, then you will love my Blueberry Protein Scones. These classic, soft scones are upgraded with a dose of extra protein and fresh berries. Perfect for a busy weekday on the go or to enjoy at home with a hot cup of coffee.
When I first attempted to make scones, I was a little intimidated. They always seemed to be such a delicate, fancy food that were only made by the most experienced baker. Which I am not! I normally stick to very basic recipes or the easy “no bake” options. But to my surprise they were super simple to make. It is practically impossible to mess them up! Now there is no need for a rushed trip to Starbucks or the local coffee shop for a quick pick me up. I can make these bad boys at home!
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of gluten free flour, 1 scoop of vanilla protein power, 4 Tbsp of Splenda (or another sugar free sweetener), 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and 2 eggs. Mix the ingredients well, then carefully fold in 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries. On a floured surface, transfer the dough and form it into a circle. (I put a little flour on top of the dough, as well, so it is easier to handle). Cut the dough across, like a pizza, so you get 4-6 slices. It is up to you how many pieces you want and how large you want each one to be. Next, place the sliced dough onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until they begin to brown on top. Be sure not to over-bake them, they will become super dry the longer they go.
These pumped up, bakery style scones are sure to be your new favorite breakfast. You will be picking up every little crumb that falls!
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 4 Tbsp Splenda (or any other sugar free sweetener)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, protein power, splenda, salt, baking powder, lemon juice and eggs.
- Mix the ingredients well, then carefully fold in the blueberries.
- On a floured surface, transfer the dough and form it into a circle.
- Cut the dough across, like a pizza, so you get 4-6 slices. Depends on how large you want each piece.
- Place sliced dough onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until they begin to brown on top.