You MUST try this Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad tossed in a simple vinaigrette, complete with slivered almonds and golden raisins!
I feel like people either love or hate brussels sprouts. It’s hard to find someone that is in the middle of the road with them. But to be honest, brussels sprouts have a bad reputation. I’ve found they are super delicious when cooked correctly. Before this recipe, I had never tried brussels sprouts. My parents never cooked them for us when we were kids, so I never really thought about trying them. Now I’m in love! and trying many different variations…baked, sauted, grilled. This recipe is hands down one of the best ways to prepare brussels sprouts. It will turn any doubters into believers! Plus, it’s a great way to get your kids to eat and love their veggies.
I know many people on their weight loss journey who are looking for yummy new options for salads. A simple garden salad can get old after a while. But trust me, this Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad will be one of the best salads you make! There are so many tasty flavors and textures, and the vinaigrette dressing on top is awesome. It will be hard for you not to go back for seconds or thirds.
You can serve this dish as a side or a meal on its own. If you are looking for a completely vegan version, simply leave out the hard-boiled eggs and Parmesan cheese topping.
- 2 cups brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cut stems off the brussels sprouts. Cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool until they are safe enough to handle with hands.
- Peal apart the leaves of the brussels sprouts and place in large bowl. If there are no more leaves to peel and you get to the heart of the brussels sprout, you can chopped the heart and add to the salad as well.
- To make hard-boiled eggs: Cook eggs in boiling water for about 10 minutes and let cool. Peel, chop, and add to large bowl with brussels sprouts.
- Chop radishes and onion. Add to brussels sprouts, along with golden raisins and chopped almonds.
- To Make Vinaigrette: add all vinaigrette ingredients into medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Slowly poor vinaigrette on top of salad and toss well. Add as little or as much dressing as desired. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired.