I like to ditch store bought products as much as possible. With unnecessary added ingredients and increasing costs, I feel like its not worth it to my body or my pocket book!
I love to bake my own granola and enjoy it over greek-yogurt, fruit, or just to snack on at work. I try to change it up as much as possible with each batch by adding different ingredients and seeing what works well…and learning what definitely does not. My Almond Coconut Granola is typically my go to, if another batch doesn’t work out. Its super easy, healthy and crunchy! What more can you ask for?
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (or any dried fruit you prefer)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Make sure all of the oats are moistened and ingredients are well mixed.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, allow granola to cool completely. The granola will become more crunchy as it cools.
- Store in closed container at room temperature.